Naturally fight against above ground-diseases (Botrytis and Didymella) and root or base rot diseases (Pythium, Phytophthora, Rhizoctonia and Fusarium).
Prestop® contains mycelia and spores of Gliocladium catenulatum strain J1446, a naturally occurring soil fungus, selected through Lallemand Research for its capacity to control a range of very important crop diseases.
The active fungus Gliocladium catenulatum strain J1446 operates through several useful modes of action:
- hyperparasitism: production of enzymes which cause the breakdown of cell walls of plant pathogens.
- competition: quick colonisation of root and aerial parts of the plant depriving pathogenic fungi of living space and nourishment.
Prestop® can give effective control of a wide variety of plant pathogens:
- Grey mould and stem cankers caused by Botrytis cinerea on leafy crops, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, aromatic plants, ornamentals, strawberries and other soft fruit.
- Gummy stem blight caused by Didymella sp. on cucumbers.
- Damping-off and root or base rot diseases caused by Pythium, Phytophthora, Rhizoctonia and Fusarium on vegetables, salads, aromatic plants and ornamentals.
Composition: 2×108 CFU/g (320 g/kg of active ingredient) of spores and mycelium of Gliocladium catenulatum strain J1446. (CFU: Colony Forming Unit. Unit of measure for living microorganisms able to multiply).
Formulation: wettable powder
Organic culture: usable in organic production subject to certification body approval.
Harvest interval: none
Harmful residues: none
Storage: can be stored unopened for 12 months in a cool and dry place below +4°C. It is recommended that all of the contents of the package are used immediately once opened.
The most efficient way to use Prestop® is preventatively. The active microorganism survives in the rhizosphere and on the aerial parts of plants for several weeks, protecting them against pathogens.
Dose and frequency
For other crops application recommendation, please ask your distributor or see brochure.
Compatibility: Prestop® is compatible with many chemical pesticides and can be used in Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programmes.
Ask your distributor before mixing with plant protection products.