Naturally fight against above ground-diseases (Botrytis and Didymella) and root or base rot diseases (Pythium, Phytophthora, Rhizoctonia and Fusarium).
Prestop® contains mycelia and spores of Gliocladium catenulatum strain J1446, a naturally occurring soil fungus, selected through Lallemand Research for its capacity to control a range of very important crop diseases.
The active fungus Gliocladium catenulatum strain J1446 operates through several useful modes of action:
- hyperparasitism: production of enzymes which cause the breakdown of cell walls of plant pathogens.
- competition: quick colonisation of root and aerial parts of the plant depriving pathogenic fungi of living space and nourishment.
Prestop® can give effective control of a wide variety of plant pathogens:
- Grey mould and stem cankers caused by Botrytis cinerea on leafy crops, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, aromatic plants, ornamentals, strawberries and other soft fruit.
- Gummy stem blight caused by Didymella sp. on cucumbers.
- Damping-off and root or base rot diseases caused by Pythium, Phytophthora, Rhizoctonia and Fusarium on vegetables, salads, aromatic plants and ornamentals.
Composition: 2×108 CFU/g (320 g/kg of active ingredient) of spores and mycelium of Gliocladium catenulatum strain J1446. (CFU: Colony Forming Unit. Unit of measure for living microorganisms able to multiply).
Formulation: wettable powder
Organic culture: usable in organic production subject to certification body approval.
Harvest interval: none
Harmful residues: none
Storage: can be stored unopened for 12 months in a cool and dry place below +4°C. It is recommended that all of the contents of the package are used immediately once opened.
Dose rate: 6000 g/ha
The most efficient way to use Prestop® is preventatively. The active microorganism survives in the rhizosphere and on the aerial parts of plants for several weeks, protecting them against pathogens.
Dose and frequency
Other crops application recommendation: please ask your distributor or see brochure.
Compatibility: Prestop® is compatible with many chemical pesticides and can be used in Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programmes.
Ask your distributor before mixing with plant protection products.